Mac Davis’ family is honoring the request from the late singer’s 1980 song “Texas in My Rearview Mirror.” The award-winning singer-songwriter was laid to rest during a private ceremony in his hometown of Lubbock, Texas. Davis passed away in Nashville Sept. 29 at the age of 78 following heart surgery. In lieu of flowers, the family requests donations to MusiCares, a non-profit that provides financial, medical and personal emergency assistance to the music community in times of need.
- Country Music’s One Big Family. Meet The Relatives On This New Podcast.
- Ryan Hurd’s Making Waves On Country Radio — And Not Just With “Chasing After You.”
- Luke Bryan On Recuperating From COVID-19: “Thank God For Health.”
- The All-American Road Show Gets Bigger, As Chris Stapleton Adds Multiple Dates..
- Who Is The Carothers Waver, And What Can He Teach You About Connecting With Your Listeners?
CLICK HERE to read Country Insider Weekly.